– Yeet. – Ah, why is it never in one hit? – I could take the shopping cart. – Do you wanna get the shopping cart?
– Forget it, fine. (screams) – (FBE) This week, we’re playing the original Contra with teens to see if they can beat it, but if you see this between noon and 3 PM Pacific on Tuesday, we’re live right now gaming with our subs, so check us out at Twitch.tv/FBELive. See you all there.
♪ (8-bit intro) ♪ – “Baldi’s Basics in Education and Learning.” This looks like something I did in elementary school. – I have a feeling it’s satire.
If it is real learning, I’m gonna be quite confused. – I know it’s a horror game. This is very, very nice. (groans) – (FBE) The website for this game describes it as a state of the art, fully 3D interactive fun time educational game that teaches a slew of subjects, from math to spelling.
You’ll learn a lot. – I don’t trust this. You can just see the graphics.
I don’t trust this. Also, I just started college. Why are you doing this to me?
– (FBE) So, we’re gonna give you 30 minutes. See if you can beat the game. – The whole game?
I have 30 minutes? Okay. – If it’s actually based off education and learning, I think I’ll do fine, but if it’s something weird, I don’t know. – Okay, let’s do this. – “Oh noes.
School is out, but your best friend has a problem.” – “He left all his noteboos in school.” Okay.
Nice education. – “To help him out, you have to go back in school to find all of his seven notebooks for him.” – “Each time you find a notebook, you’ll have to answer some questions. Answer all three correctly and you will earn a prize.”
Wait, this sounds like Slender. – “Find all seven notebooks and then exit the school.” Something happens when you try to exit the school. Something’s gonna happen. – This is creepy.
Hi, Baldi. It’s nice to meet you. – Oh God. I should run, huh? – (Baldi) You need to collect two notebooks before you can… – Oh.
– I guess I’ll go through him. Excuse me, Baldi. – Okay.
Is this a notebook? – Oh, this is one of them. – (Baldi) Now it’s time for everybody’s favorite subject, math. – Math. – (Baldi) Answer the three questions. – This better be right.
– (Baldi) Good one. – Oh boy. – Eight minus six is two.
And seven minus five is also two. Guys, I’m really bad at math, but this is elementary school, so I think I’m succeeding. – Now, we go to the other door and find the other one. – (exhales) See this, I’m shaking right now, man.
– Something’s gonna happen. I don’t like this. – (Baldi) You’re doing fantastic. Good one. – What?
– I don’t– – (buzzing) – Come on. – What is that? – (buzzing) – Now I can’t answer that. How am I supposed to– Two. – I’m gonna go with lucky number seven. “I get angrier for every problem you get wrong.”
– The music stopped. – Oh, no, no, no, no, no. – (snapping) – He’s– oh my God, oh my God. – (buzzing) – I just died. – Oh no, no, no. I’m good.
No, no, no, no, no. I’m good, I’m good, I’m good, I’m good. I’ll get it right this time. – I’m gonna stay in here. He’s gonna come out. There he is.
Bye, man. Ah, no, no, no. – (buzzing) – (buzzing) – My hands are shaking. They are clammy. I kind of enjoyed it, though.
– Oh yeah, this is how I look behind me. – (snapping) – No, no, no, no. No, no, no, no. – (buzzing) – What does this do? – (Voice) Gotta sweep, sweep, sweep. – Okay.
– (Voice) Gotta sweep, sweep, sweep. – Go away. Please go away.
Can you not? Can you leave me alone, please? Please don’t hit me with your… – (buzzing) – I knew that Baldi could not be trusted.
– Can I use my items or what is this for? Okay, oh, I can select. Oh, it shot something. – What is happening? – (voice) I wanna play with someone. – What is happening?
I’m so concerned and confused. – Oh, frick. No, no.
Okay, brace for impact. Ah! – (voice) Let’s play. – Ah, mother. – (voice) Go. – (buzzing) – Nope.
I took my headphones off. What was that? What is this game? – Can I just leave? I don’t really care about my friend’s notebooks enough to risk my life being here. – There’s no reason to get scared.
There’s no reason to get scared. – (Baldi) I can’t believe– – Another shiny quarter. – (voice) No running in the halls. – Oh, sorry. – (voice) Fifteen seconds.
– Oh no! – Is that a blue door? Oh, hi. Yeah, – (whistling) – (voice) No running in the halls. – Okay, sorry.
Okay, okay. – (voice) Fifteen seconds. – No, but I was totally– I was chilling. I was totally just walking though. – Oh, keys. Maybe I can get out of here.
– (voice) No injuring school faculty. – Oh, there we go. Now I got… – (voice) 30 seconds. – 30 seconds?
Oh, I’m gonna get caught. Oh wait, I forgot he teleports, so that’s gonna be really hard to juke. – (buzzing) – Ah, gah. Okay, I didn’t get– I got two notebooks.
– Oh my God. He’s right there. I’m gonna literally pee myself. Oh, why does it do this? Ah! No, no!
– (buzzing) – No! – Where’s the door? Where’s the door? – (Voice) I am coming. Ready or not. – (Voice) No running in the hall.
– (whistling) – (voice) 30 seconds. – Ah, I got detention again. Oh, no, no, no, no. – (buzzing) – He was right in the room. – Oh, God.
I really don’t have time for jump rope. Okay. – (voice) That’s great. – Thank you. – (voice) Let’s play again.
– No, let’s not play again. – I’m screwed. Yeah, I ran in the halls.
What, he didn’t check? You know what? Can I do this one more time? Mess up now and get– – (FBE) Sure. – Hey, Baldi.
– (buzzing) – It’s good. What is that thing? Oh, it’s a cassette tape. Looks like eyes for some– – (loud distortion) – Did we just find something? – I probably shouldn’t even go for this because he’s right behind me. He might be still moving right now.
– (buzzing) – Oh, God. I should have seen that coming. – So, the ruler slapping gets louder. (gasps) – (buzzing) – I don’t even know why I’m getting scared.
I don’t even know why I’m getting scared. – Why don’t I hear anything anymore? Is that a good thing? (gasps) Guys, look what we did. We found a third notebook. – One minus eight is negative seven.
And just (babbling). I know you get angrier. I don’t care.
You’re already angry. I need that clock. I think that clock helps. I’m gonna wait for him to get in the room. No, it doesn’t work?
You’re kidding me. – (buzzing) – Ah, got three. – I just need one more classroom. – (voice) Let’s play Ready, go. – Ugh. – (voice) One, two, three, four.
– (buzzing) – Can he not go into staff only, ’cause it’s against school rules? I really hope that’s how it works, ’cause I don’t wanna die! Ah! I’m not– I’m clicking it.
I’m really trying. – Okay. Oh, no, no, no.
– (buzzing) – He got me again. That is so not okay. – Oh great. Okay, well, what am I supposed to do at that point?
I don’t know. I wanna cut you with scissors. I’m gonna cut you. I’m gonna try. It didn’t work.
I got five notebooks. A little bit better. – Five minus three. Two. I thought I put two.
I got two wrong. That’s not good. He’s gonna come after me faster. Hey, Baldi. Oh, yeah, oh my God. I actually might get it.
I’m screwed. – (voice) Let’s play. – (buzzing) – See how much bull crap that is? – I’ve played horror games in the past and those are fun ’cause they’re thrillers, but this is just frustrating, ’cause I can’t make any progress. – Whoever beats this game is probably a champion at any video game, but if you have the desire to beat this game, you’re probably a weirdo.
– Thank you guys for watching another episode of gaming on the React Channel. – Subscribe for new scary games. – Leave a comment of what game you wanna see us play next. – Goodbye, guys. I gotta sweep, sweep sweep. – Hey guys, Mark here, producer at the React Channel.
Thank you so much for watching this episode. Now, head over to Twitch.tv/FBELive because we’re gonna see if the teens can beat Contra this week. Yeah, it’s gonna be a good time.
See you there.